Product Information Page
Banner Promotion Locations ( BannerPromotionLocations ) :
Is Top Priority? ( TopPriority ) :
Search engine optimised title ( SEOtitle ) : PAS 2060:2014 Specification for the demonstration of carbon neutrality
Search engine optimised keywords ( SEOkeywords ) : PAS 2060:2014 Specification for the demonstration of carbon neutrality
Search engine optimised description ( SEOdescription ) : PAS 2060:2014 Specification for the demonstration of carbon neutrality
Title ( Title ) : PAS 2060:2014 Specification for the demonstration of carbon neutrality
Maximum Banner Promotions ( MaxBannerPromotions ) : 1
Image ( Image ) :
Link to the Preview Page ( PreviewLink ) :
Product Overview ( Overview ) :
Climate change and greenhouse gases emissions are still critical issues facing today’s society. Strategies to reduce carbon footprint remains important and governments, communities and industry continue to respond in various ways.
In some markets, carbon neutrality is seen as an important indicator for consumers wishing to choose greener products and services. PAS 2060 specifies requirements to be met by any entity seeking to demonstrate carbon neutrality through the quantification, reduction and offsetting of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from a uniquely identified subject.
PAS 2060:2014 will assist you to:
- Meet customer, stakeholder, industry and legal expectations
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions and quantify your carbon footprint
- Identify areas of inefficiency and improve overall performance
- Make cost savings by reducing energy consumption and bills
- Gain credibility with a consistent carbon neutrality statement.
PAS 2060 has been updated to recognize improvements in the knowledge and understanding of greenhouse gas emissions assessment, reduction and offsetting that have taken place over the first two years of its availability, particularly in regards to event planning.
It continues to underpin reliable, credible claims that the subject of such a claim can indeed be considered carbon neutral.
PAS 2060 has been revised in response to:
- Comments received from users over the two years since first publication;
- Recommendations submitted via a BSI Survey run during August/September 2013;
- Improvement in general knowledge and understanding of greenhouse gas emissions, assessment, reduction and offsetting.
The use of PAS 2060 over its first two years has demonstrated that the concept of carbon neutrality can justifiably relate to a wide variety of subjects including products, organizations, communities, travel, events, projects, and buildings.
In practice, the only subject that has generated significant enquiry on matters relating to the application of PAS 2060 has been that of events and in response, this revision contains a new annex providing additional insight and guidance in this area.
Special provision has also been made for the presentation of claims in advertising or other promotional material. An explicit declaration or claim of carbon neutrality in the form of a prescribed, publicly available statement is still required but this may now be issued as part of the qualifying explanatory statement (QES).
In parallel with this, the PAS now provides text for an equivalent “representative statement” couched in simpler terms, that may be used in advertising, literature, publicity, labels, and technical bulletins in printed or electronic media.
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Demonstrating carbon neutrality
- Determination and substantiation of the subject and associated
greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Quantification of the carbon footprint
- Commitment to carbon neutrality
- Achievement of GHG emissions reductions
- Offsetting residual GHG emissions
- Explicit declarations in respect of carbon neutrality
- Maintaining carbon neutral status
- List of tables
Promotional Text ( PromotionalText ) :
Discount Information ( DiscountInformation ) : Members save 50%
Material Id ( MaterialId ) : 000000000030286698