Product Information Page
Banner Promotion Locations ( BannerPromotionLocations ) :
Maximum Banner Promotions ( MaxBannerPromotions ) :
Search engine optimised description ( SEOdescription ) :
Search engine optimised keywords ( SEOkeywords ) :
Search engine optimised title ( SEOtitle ) :
Title ( Title ) :
Is Top Priority? ( TopPriority ) :
Image ( Image ) :
Link to the Preview Page ( PreviewLink ) :
Product Overview ( Overview ) :
This Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) specification gives requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system, to enable an organization to control its OH&S risks and improve its performance. It does not state specific OH&S performance criteria, nor does it give detailed specifications for the design of a management system.
OHSAS 18001:1999 is applicable to any organization that wishes to:
- establish an OH&S management system to eliminate or minimize risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities
- implement, maintain and continually improve an OH&S management system
- assure itself of its conformance with its stated OH&S policy
- demonstrate such conformance to others
- seek certification/registration of its OH&S management system by an external organization
- make a self-determination and declaration of conformance with this OHSAS specification.
All the requirements in this OHSAS specification are intended to be incorporated into any OH&S management system. The extent of the application will depend on such factors as the OH&S policy of the organization, the nature of its activities and the risks and complexity of its operations.
This OHSAS specification is intended to address occupational health and safety rather than product and services safety.
2 Reference publications
3 Terms and definitions
4 OH&S management system elements
Annex A (informative) Correspondence between OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001:1996, ISO 9001:1994 and ISO 9001:2000
Annex B (informative) Corrspondence between OHSAS 18001, OHSAS 18002, and the ILO-OSH:2001 Guidelines on occupational safety and health management systems
Promotional Text ( PromotionalText ) :
Discount Information ( DiscountInformation ) :
Material Id ( MaterialId ) : 000000000030087392