Product Information Page
Banner Promotion Locations ( BannerPromotionLocations ) :
Maximum Banner Promotions ( MaxBannerPromotions ) :
Search engine optimised description ( SEOdescription ) :
Search engine optimised keywords ( SEOkeywords ) :
Search engine optimised title ( SEOtitle ) :
Title ( Title ) :
Is Top Priority? ( TopPriority ) :
Image ( Image ) :
Link to the Preview Page ( PreviewLink ) :
Product Overview ( Overview ) :
Electric toys - Safety
Requirements for the safety of toys having functions dependent on electricity.
This European Standard deals with the safety of toys that have at least one function dependent on electricity. The standard covers the whole range of electric toys from small button cell operated lights to large sit-on cars powered by lead-acid cells.
The aim of this standard is to reduce risks when playing with toys, especially those risks that are not evident to users.
Additional requirements for experimental sets and additional requirements for toys incorporating lasers and light-emitting diodes are given in annexes to this standard.
In order to comply with this standard, electric toys also have to comply with
EN 71-1:1998 and EN 71-3:1994.
This standard does not apply to
– toy steam engines;
– scale models for adult collectors;
– folk dolls and decorative dolls and other similar articles for adult collectors;
– sports equipment;
– aquatic equipment intended to be used in deep water;
– equipment intended to be used collectively in playgrounds;
– amusement machines (IEC 60335-2-82);
– professional toys installed in public places (shopping centres, stations, etc.);
– products containing heating elements intended for use under the supervision of an adult in a teaching context;
– portable child-appealing luminaires (IEC 60598-2-10);
– Christmas decorations.
History and related standards
This European Standard was derived by CENELEC from IEC 62115:2003, including amendment 1:2004 modified. It supersedes BSEN 50088:1996 which will be withdrawn on 2008-01-01.
This standard includes the following cross-references:
IEC 60068-2-75, IEC 60083, IEC 60086-2, IEC 60320-1, IEC 60384-14,
IEC 60417-1, IEC 60529:1989, IEC 60695-2-2:1991, IEC 60695-2-11,
IEC 60695-2-13, IEC 60695-10-2, IEC 60695-11-10, IEC 60730-1:1999,
IEC 60738-1, IEC 60825-1:1993, IEC 61032:1997, IEC 61058-1:2000,
IEC 61558-2-7, ISO 7000 and ISO 9772.
Promotional Text ( PromotionalText ) :
Discount Information ( DiscountInformation ) :
Material Id ( MaterialId ) : 000000000030046318