Product Information Page
Banner Promotion Locations ( BannerPromotionLocations ) :
Maximum Banner Promotions ( MaxBannerPromotions ) :
Search engine optimised description ( SEOdescription ) :
Search engine optimised keywords ( SEOkeywords ) :
Search engine optimised title ( SEOtitle ) :
Title ( Title ) :
Is Top Priority? ( TopPriority ) :
Image ( Image ) :
Link to the Preview Page ( PreviewLink ) :
Product Overview ( Overview ) :
Safety of laser products - Part 1: Equipment classification, requirements and user’s guide
Equipment classification, requirements and guidance on safety of laser product.
This European Standard, a part of the EN 60825 series, applies to the safety of laser products. Laser products which are sold to other manufacturers for use as components of any system for subsequent sale are not subject to this standard, since the final product will itself be subject to this standard.
Any laser product or LED product is exempt from all further requirements of this standard, if:
- classification by the manufacturer shows that the emission level does not exceed the AEL of Class 1 under all conditions of operation, maintenance, service and failure; and
- it does not contain a embedded LED.
The objective of this standard is to:
- protect persons from laser radiation in the wavelength range 180 nm to 1 mm by indicating safe working levels of laser radiation and by introducing a system of classification of lasers and laser products according to their degree of hazard;
- lay down requirements for both user and manufacturer to establish procedures and supply information so that proper precautions can be adopted;
- ensure adequate warning to individuals of hazards associated with accessible radiation from laser products through signs, labels and instructions;
- reduce the possibility of injury by minimizing unnecessary accessible radiation and to give improved control of the laser radiation hazards through protective features and provide safe usage of laser products by specifying user control measures;
- protect persons against other hazards resulting from the operation and use of laser products.
History and related standards
This European Standard includes the following cross references:
IEC 60027-1:1992, IEC 60050(845):1987, IEC 60601-2-22:1995,
IEC 60825-2:2000, IEC 61010-1:2001, IEC 61040:1990 and ISO 1000:1992.
Promotional Text ( PromotionalText ) :
Discount Information ( DiscountInformation ) :
Material Id ( MaterialId ) : 000000000030113905