Product Information Page
Banner Promotion Locations ( BannerPromotionLocations ) :
Maximum Banner Promotions ( MaxBannerPromotions ) :
Search engine optimised description ( SEOdescription ) :
Search engine optimised keywords ( SEOkeywords ) :
Search engine optimised title ( SEOtitle ) :
Title ( Title ) :
Is Top Priority? ( TopPriority ) :
Image ( Image ) :
Link to the Preview Page ( PreviewLink ) :
Product Overview ( Overview ) :
Degrees of protection provided by enclosures (IP code)
Requirements for the classification of degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment.
This European Standard covers the classification of degrees of protection provided by enclosures for electrical equipment with a rated voltage not exceeding 72,5 kV.
The objective of this standard is to provide:
Definitions for degrees of protection provided by enclosures of electrical equipment with regards to:
- protection of persons against access to hazardous parts inside the enclosure;
- protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against ingress of solid foreign objects;
- protection of the equipment inside the enclosure against harmful effects due to the ingress of water.
- designations for these degrees of protection;
- requirements for each designation;
- tests to be performed to verify that the enclosure meets the requirements of this standard.
This standard is also applicable to empty enclosures provided that the general test requirements are met and that the selected degree of protection is suitable for the type of equipment to be protected.
History and related standards
This European Standard includes the following cross-references:
IEC 60050-195:1998, IEC 60050(826):1992, IEC 60068-1:1998,
IEC 60068-2-68:1984, and IEC 60071-2:1996.
Promotional Text ( PromotionalText ) :
Discount Information ( DiscountInformation ) :
Material Id ( MaterialId ) : 000000000030017671