Product Information Page
Banner Promotion Locations ( BannerPromotionLocations ) :
Maximum Banner Promotions ( MaxBannerPromotions ) :
Search engine optimised description ( SEOdescription ) :
Search engine optimised keywords ( SEOkeywords ) :
Search engine optimised title ( SEOtitle ) :
Title ( Title ) :
Is Top Priority? ( TopPriority ) :
Image ( Image ) :
Link to the Preview Page ( PreviewLink ) :
Product Overview ( Overview ) :
Railway applications - The specification and demonstration of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS)
Specification and demonstration of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety of railway applications.
This European Standard:
• defines RAMS in terms of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety and their interaction;
• defines a process, based on the system lifecycle and tasks within it, for managing RAMS;
• enables conflicts between RAMS elements to be controlled and managed effectively;
• defines a systematic process for specifying requirements for RAMS and demonstrating that these requirements are achieved;
• addresses railway specifics;
• does not define RAMS targets, quantities, requirements or solutions for specific railway applications;
• does not specify requirements for ensuring system security;
• does not define rules or processes pertaining to the certification of railway products against the requirements of this standard;
• does not define an approval process by the safety regulatory authority.
This European Standard is applicable:
• to the specification and demonstration of RAMS for all railway applications and at all levels of such an application, as appropriate, from complete railway routes to major systems within a railway route, and to individual and combined sub-systems and components within these major systems, including those containing software; in particular:
• to new systems;
• to new systems integrated into existing systems in operation prior to the creation of this standard, although it is not generally applicable to other aspects of the existing system;
• to modifications of existing systems in operation prior to the creation of this standard, although it is not generally applicable to other aspects of the existing system.
• at all relevant phases of the lifecycle of an application;
• for use by Railway Authorities and the railway support industry.
History and related standards
This European Standard includes the following cross-references:
EN ISO 9001:1994, EN ISO 9002:1994, EN ISO 9003:1994, EN 50128, ENV 50129:1998, IEC 60050(191):1990 and IEC 61508 series.
Promotional Text ( PromotionalText ) :
Discount Information ( DiscountInformation ) :
Material Id ( MaterialId ) : 000000000019982488