BS 5655-6:2011 Lifts and service lifts. Code of practice for the selection, installation and location of new lifts
BS 5655-6:2011 gives recommendations for the selection, installation and location of new passenger and passenger/goods lifts in the classifications given in Table 1. It also gives recommendations for issues relating to the selection and installation of lifts, such as building design.
BS 5655-6:2011 is applicable only for the early stages of a project for clients, architects, principal contractors, building owners, building managers, developers, general and specialized engineering consultants, lift contractors and other interested parties.
This is a full revision of the standard, and introduces the following principal changes:
- The clauses on technology have been updated
- Energy efficiency considerations have been included
- The annexes have been updated and three new annexes have been included covering traffic control systems, energy efficiency and the principal requirements in the provision of lifts for persons with impaired mobility.
Contents for BS 5655-6:2011 incldues:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Contract and project guidance
- Building construction for lift installations in accordance with BS EN 81
- Lift traffic planning
- Traffic control systems
- Electrical installation
- Lift installation
- Energy efficiency
- Accessibility to lifts for persons, including persons with impaired mobility
This part of BS 5655 supersedes BS 5655-6:2002, which is withdrawn.