BIP 2200 PP 1990 Pack of 5
Extracts from the Structural Eurocodes for Students of Structural Design (PP 1990)
Save £50 when you buy five!
What is it?
BIP 2200 PP 1990 is a simple introductory guide to the principles of structural Eurocodes. It is designed for civil engineering, structural engineering and structural design students. BIP 2200 PP 1990 is widely used on engineering courses internationally, and outlines common design principles and rules for structures and component products. This includes common methods for calculating structural strength of the elements used in construction.
How does it work?
BIP 2200 PP 1990 contains concise structural Eurocode extracts to highlight the essential principles of structural design and engineering. Each chapter corresponds to a Eurocode and includes the relevant symbols and definitions. Key extracts include:
- Extracts from Eurocode 0: Basis of structural design
- Extracts from Eurocode 1: Actions on structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 6: Design of masonry structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 7: Geotechnical design
- Extracts from Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance
- Extracts from Eurocode 9: Design of aluminium structures
Who should buy it?
- Civil engineering, structural engineering and structural design students
- Those working in the construction industry.
This is the third edition of the guide and is now the leading learning guide for student engineers and published in a user-friendly book format.
The new book displays:
- Each chapter so it corresponds to each Eurocode e.g. Chapter 1 relates to Eurocode 1
- Page numbers to reflect the chapter they belong to in order to help with future editions of the guide e.g. The page numbers in Chapter 6 are preceded by “6-“
- Symbols and definitions in each chapter the same way they are displayed in each Eurocode
- The commentary in each chapter as boxed text with a grey background in order to distinguish it from the Eurocode extracts.
Contents of Extracts from the Structural Eurocodes include:
About the author
The book is edited by Professor John Roberts with individual chapters written by leading experts in Eurocodes, including Haigh Gulvanessian, Buick Davison, Andrew Bond and Peter Watt.
The BSI collection of Eurocodes Books
Concise Eurocode for Design of Timber Structures: BS EN 1995: Eurocodes 5
Read more and buy the guide for Eurocodes timber structures
Concise Eurocodes: Geotechnical Design – BS EN 1997: Eurocode 7
Read more and buy the guide for Eurocodes geotechnical design
Concise Eurocodes. Loadings on Structures BS EN 1991. Eurocode 1
Read more and buy the Eurocodes guide
The Essential Guide to Eurocodes Transition
Edited by John Roberts
Read more and buy guidance for Eurocode transition
Find out more about Eurocodes and buy them at BSI's Eurocodes website.
We are global, we’re independent and we’re trusted service provider to 80,000 businesses. We operate in 147 countries and are the number one certification body in the UK and US. We created 85% of our portfolio because we know standards and we know your business. We’re leaders and we can make you one too.