BS EN 50174-1:2009 + Amendment 1:2011 Information technology. Cabling installation. Installation specification and quality assurance
What is BS EN 50174 part 1?
BS EN 50174-1 specifies what is required to effectively install, operate and maintain Information technology (IT) cabling. This standard includes the most recent 2011 amendment.
Use part one of BS EN 50174 when you are in the specification phase. It addresses:
- specifying the installation
- quality assurance documentation and procedures
- documentation and administration
- operation and maintenance.
What does the 2011 amendment include?
The 2011 amendment includes:
- a new normative Annex E on sampling plans and marginal results
- simplified administration requirements, complexity installation and operational levels and minimum requirements for technical specifications and quality plans
- technical changes to Clauses 4 and 5.
How will BS EN 50174-1 help me?
Use this standard and you will avoid the poor quality of service which is often due to:
- lack of planning
- use of inappropriate components
- incorrect installation
- poor administration
- inadequate support that can threaten an organisation’s effectiveness.
BS EN 50174 series (also known as the EN 50174 series)
BS EN 50174 has three parts. This standard, part one, is for use during the specification phase.
BS EN 50174-2 and BS EN 50174-3 (parts 2 and 3) are to be used by personnel directly involved in the planning aspects (of the specification phase) and the installation phase. BS EN 50174-2 (part 2) is applicable inside buildings. BS EN 50174-3 is applicable outside buildings.