Extracts from the Structural Eurocodes for Students of Structural Design (PP 1990: 2010)
Extracts from the Structural Eurocodes for Students of Structural Design (PP 1990: 2010) is a user-friendly guide that introduces the principles of structural Eurocodes to students of civil engineering, structural engineering and structural design.
The third edition of this publication has become the leading guide for student engineers and is used widely on Engineering courses throughout the United Kingdom and beyond.
The book gives information on common design principles and rules for the design of structures and component products. It also describes a common series of methods for calculating the structural strength of elements used in construction.
It contains extracts from some of the principal parts of each of the Eurocodes.
The extracts chosen are as concise as possible, focussing on the essential principles in the Eurocodes. Commentary is kept to a minimum and only made on parts of the text that require explanation.
PP 1990: 2010 comes in a new book format, replaces the bulky folder format of earlier editions which means it’s easy to carry around with you and use whilst onsite and is revised and thoroughly updated.
Who is Extracts from the Structural Eurocodes aimed at?
The guide would be of use to students of civil engineering, structural engineering and structural design. It would also be useful guidance for anyone working in the construction industry.
The new book displays:
- Each chapter so it corresponds to each Eurocode e.g. Chapter 1 relates to Eurocode 1
- Page numbers to reflect the chapter they belong to in order to help with future editions of the guide e.g. The page numbers in Chapter 6 are preceded by “6-“
- Symbols and definitions in each chapter the same way they are displayed in each Eurocode
- The commentary in each chapter as boxed text with a grey background in order to distinguish it from the Eurocode extracts.
Contents of Extracts from the Structural Eurocodes include:
- Extracts from Eurocode 0: Basis of structural design
- Extracts from Eurocode 1: Actions on structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 2: Design of concrete structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 3: Design of steel structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 4: Design of composite steel and concrete structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 5: Design of timber structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 6: Design of masonry structures
- Extracts from Eurocode 7: Geotechnical design
- Extracts from Eurocode 8: Design of structures for earthquake resistance
- Extracts from Eurocode 9: Design of aluminium structures
About the author
The book is edited by Professor John Roberts with individual chapters written by leading experts in Eurocodes, including Haigh Gulvanessian, Buick Davison, Andrew Bond and Peter Watt.
The BSI collection of Eurocodes Books
Concise Eurocode for Design of Timber Structures: BS EN 1995: Eurocodes 5
Read more and buy the guide for Eurocodes timber structures
Concise Eurocodes: Geotechnical Design – BS EN 1997: Eurocode 7
Read more and buy the guide for Eurocodes geotechnical design
Concise Eurocodes. Loadings on Structures BS EN 1991. Eurocode 1
Read more and buy the Eurocodes guide
The Essential Guide to Eurocodes Transition
Edited by John Roberts
Read more and buy guidance for Eurocode transition
Find out more about Eurocodes and buy them at BSI's Eurocodes wesbite.