ISO 14001:2015 is now available
ISO 14001 has been reviewed and edited by a committee of industry experts to make sure it maintains its relevance in today’s marketplace. The new version of ISO 14001 is now available to buy online.
Order your copy of ISO 14001:2015 today
We have also updated ISO 14004 Environmental management systems - General guidelines on implementation which includes practical guidelines on the successful implementation and operation of an environmental management system, performance testing and doing management reviews. ISO 14004:2015 is expected to be published at the beginning of 2016 and is now available to pre-order.
Pre-order your copy of ISO 14004:2016 today
Enviromental Management bundle: buy both revised standards today and save 30%
Take advantage of our discounted Environmental Management bundle and buy both ISO 14001 and ISO 14004 to get 30% off.
You will receive your copy of ISO 14001 today and ISO 14004 on the day of publication, which is expected to be at the beginning of 2016.
Click here to buy your Environmental Management Bundle
To find out more about the revision, please click here.
BS EN ISO 14001:2004 Environmental management systems. Requirements with guidance for use
What is BS EN ISO 14001?
BS EN ISO 14001 is the international standard to help your business with environmental management systems.
It gives your business an outline of how to meet its environmental policy and objectives. Use the standard to implement an environmental management system from scratch or improve on your existing one.
BS EN ISO 14001 is useful for all types and sizes of organization. It also takes account of diverse geographical, cultural and social conditions that may exist in your business.
What can BS EN ISO 14001 do for me?
BS EN ISO 14001 will help your business to control the environmental impacts of activities, products and services.
BS EN ISO 14001 is useful to any business that wants to:
- Implement, maintain and improve an environmental management system
- Assure itself and others of its conformance with its stated environmental policy
- Seek certification/registration of its environmental management system by an external organization
- Make a self-declaration of conformance with this international standard.
How do I use BS EN ISO 14001?
BS EN ISO 14001 includes an easy step by step plan-do-check-act method:
- Plan: Establish the objectives and processes necessary to deliver results in accordance your organization’s environmental policy
- Do: Implement the processes
- Check: Monitor and measure processes against your environmental policy, objectives, targets, legal and other requirements, and report the results
- Act: Take actions to continually improve performance of your environmental management system.
All the requirements in this standard can be built-in to any environmental management system. This standard does not include specific environmental performance criteria as this will change from business to business.
Does BS EN ISO 14001 fit in with any other management system?
BS EN ISO 14001 is fully compatible with ISO 9001, the world’s most established quality framework. BS EN ISO 14001 includes a table that compares each section of both standards and outlines cross-over and correspondence between the standards.
Getting the standard is a great start. To get the most out of environmental management, you should also consider training, certification and verification.