BS 8887-220:2010 Design for manufacture, assembly, disassembly and end-of-life processing (MADE). The process of remanufacture. Specification
BS 8887-220 specifies requirements for the process of remanufacture.
It lists the steps required to change a used product into an as-new product, with at least equivalent performance and warranty of a comparable new replacement product. This remanufacturing process can include parts or components to be used in subsequent assembly.
BS 8887-220 should be read in conjunction with BS 8887-2, (Which gives terms and definitions) and you may also be interested in BS 8887-1 which is aimed at the desgin stage.
BS 8887-220 is applicable to manufactured products. It is not applicable to:
- Certain transient products or consumables (e.g. food, fuel)
- Digital media
- Commodity materials (e.g. base chemical substances, sand or minerals).
Contents of BS 8887-220:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- The remanufacturing process
- Identification and marking
- List of figures
- Figure 1 – Product lifecycle