PAS 55-2:2008 Asset management. Guidelines for the application of PAS 55-1
UPDATE: Since its publication in 2004, PAS 55 has been an international success story. That’s why we’ve transformed it to become an international standard, which is available in three parts:
- ISO 55000 provides the overview, concepts and terminology for Asset Management
- ISO 55001 specifies the requirements for an effective Asset Management System
- ISO 55002 offers interpretation and guidance for such a system to be implemented.
PAS 55-2:2008 puts PAS 55-1 investment management theory into practice. It explains how to establish an effective asset management system, helping you to:
- Monitor performance and risk
- Save time and money
- Achieve sustainable development
- Improve audit trails
- Increase customer satisfaction.
It allows you to integrate asset management with health and safety and environmental management systems. PAS 55 is not mandatory but recommended for organizations with business critical assets. It was revised in 2008.
How does it work?
PAS 55-2 gives you the tools to apply your understanding of PAS 55 asset management recommendations. PAS 55-2 guides you through each stage of planning, implementing and maintaining a system tailored to your organization. Application of PAS 55 creates greater shareholder value and puts your business ahead of the game.
Who should buy it?
- Organizations that want to put PAS 55 theory into practice
- Organizations where physical assets are critical to business success
- Organizations that want to improve existing asset management systems
- Organization that want to implement an asset management system.