TickIT has changed! TickITplus was launched in 2011 by BSI’s JTISC (Joint TickIT Industry Steering Committee). The principal aims of the scheme are to capitalize on the strengths of TickIT, whilst recognizing the changes in today’s world of software development.
Find out more information about TickITplus now!
Improving the quality of software and its application
TickIT has been developed as a companion document to BS EN ISO 9001, so that software organizations have an up-to-date IT interpretation of this standard. It is essential that software works well together and is relatively easy to customize to your particular applications.
It helps software suppliers, including in-house developers, define and implement a quality system which covers all the essential business processes in the software product life cycle. TickIT guides the developer to achieve this objective within the framework of BS EN ISO 9001.
Who needs to use it?
TickIT applies to all types of information systems supply which involve software development processes, this includes (but is not limited to):
• Software product or service developers
• Software developers (specialist houses and internal)
• Software-related services (including training)
• Computer operations services
• Systems integration services
• Peripheral services (consultancy)
• Software archiving and storage
TickIT applies whenever software development is carried out and the software is incorporated in the delivered product or service of the organization.
How has it changed?
• Takes into account revisions in International Standards
• Revised and updated to take into account technological developments
• Enhanced with users experience
• Kept in line with current practices