What is BS 25999-1:2006?
BS 25999-1:2006 is the business continuity management code of practice. It provides an overview of the principles, processes and terminology of business continuity planning and protecting critical functions during times of crisis. BS 2599-1:2006 acts as a single point of reference for all organizations, industries and sectors, summarizing best practice for developing and implementing a continuity management plan. BS 25999-1:2006 outlines the requirements for achieving business continuity certification. For guidance on meeting these requirements, see BS 25999-2:2007.
How does it work?
BS 25999-1:2006 is the first of the two-part BS 25999. It introduces the business continuity management standard and gives an overview of the BS 25999 framework. All elements of the code of practice are clearly outlined, including:
- identifying critical business functions
- developing and managing a business specific continuity plan
- monitoring and maintaining performance
- embedding a culture of business continuity awareness in your organization.
Buy BS 25999-1:2006 and take your first steps towards certification.
Who should buy it?
- Managers responsible for risk, quality, IT, environment or health and safety
- Business continuity consultants and auditors
- Organizations that have PAS 56:2003 and want to implement BS 25999
- Organizations that want to implement a BS 25999 business continuity system.
BS 25999-1:2006 replaces PAS 56:2003 which has been withdrawn.
We are global, we’re independent and we’re trusted service provider to 80,000 businesses. We operate in 147 countries and are the number one certification body in the UK and US. We created 85% of our portfolio because we know standards and we know your business. We’re leaders and we can make you one too.
Getting the standard is a great start. To get the most out of business continuity management, you should also consider training, certification and verification.
NOTE: The British Standards Institution (BSI, a company incorporated by Royal Charter),
performs the National Standards Body activity (NSB) in the UK. BSI, together with
other BSI Group Companies, also offers a broad portfolio of business solutions other
than the NSB activity that help businesses worldwide to improve results through
Standards-based best practice (such as certification, self-assessment tools, software,
product testing, information products and training).