PD ISO/IEC TR 29794-5:2010 Information technology. Biometric sample quality. Face image data
The purpose of this part of ISO/IEC 29794 is to define and specify methodologies for computation of objective, quantitative quality scores for facial images. Furthermore, the purpose, intent, and interpretation of face quality scores are defined.
PD ISO/IEC 19794-5 Information technology. Biometric data interchange formats. Face image data, already gives some specifications that are related to:
- Scene constraints of the facial images
- Photographic properties of the facial images
- Digital image attributes of the facial images.
Within this part of ISO/IEC 29794, a sample of a classification scheme of facial quality is exemplified and approaches for the determination of certain aspects of quality are introduced.
Contents of PD ISO/IEC TR 29794-5 contain:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Abbreviated terms
- Approaches to Face Image Quality
- Categorization of Facial Quality
- Facial Image Quality Analysis
- Dynamic Subject Characteristics
- Subject’s Behaviour
- Analysis Based on Statistical Differences of the Left and Right Half of the Face
- Static Characteristics of the Acquisition Process
- Image Resolution and Size
- Characteristics of Image Acquisition
- Image Properties
- Image Appearance
- Illumination Intensity
- Image Brightness
- Image Contrast
- Focus, Blur and Sharpness
- Subject-Camera distance
For aspects of quality specific to facial images, PD ISO/IEC TR 29794-5:2010:
- Specifies terms and definitions that are useful in the specification, use and testing of face image quality metrics
- Defines the purpose, intent, and interpretation of face image quality scores.
Performance assessment of quality algorithms and standardization of quality algorithms are outside the scope of ISO/IEC TR 29794-5:2010.