Note: A new version of PAS 99 is currently in development and will be available in September 2012
What is PAS 99?
PAS 99:2006 is a Publicly Available Specification for integrating common management systems. These systems are all designed to improve the way businesses are run and many now have a similar structure. PAS 99 highlights these common elements and outlines a framework to integrate them. These requirements include auditing procedures, document control, risk management and improving performance. Use this specification to integrate management systems, run operations effectively and meet all regulatory requirements.
How does it work?
PAS 99:2006 outlines ways to integrate common requirements of your management systems standards. This gives you an improved overview of your business, which helps you to manage risk. Integrate your management systems with PAS 99 and you will reduce any conflict between different management frameworks and increase efficiency. You can also use the specification to meet internal and external audit requirements. PAS 99 gives guidance on planning, implementing and operating an integrated management framework, as well as monitoring and improving performance.
Who should buy it?
- Organisations implementing requirements of two or more management system standards
- Organisations implementing two or more of the following: BS EN ISO 9001; BS EN ISO 14001; BS ISO/IEC 27001; BS EN ISO 2000; BS ISO/IEC 20000; and BS OHSAS 18001.
- Organisations who want to integrate management systems and streamline processes and procedures.
What’s in PAS 99?
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Common management system requirements
- General requirements
- Management system policy
- Implementation and operation
- Performance assessment
- Management review
- Guidance on the background and use of this specification
- Common requirements
We are global, we’re independent and we’re trusted service provider to 80,000 businesses. We operate in 147 countries and are the number one certification body in the UK and US. We created 85% of our portfolio because we know standards and we know your business. We’re leaders and we can make you one too.