BS EN 12020-2:2008 Aluminium and aluminium alloys. Extruded precision profiles in alloys EN AW-6060 and EN AW-6063. Tolerances on dimensions and form
BS EN 12020-2 is the European standard that specifies tolerances on dimensions and form of extruded precision profiles, in alloys EN AW-6060 and EN AW-6063 manufactured with and without a thermal barrier. It applies to extruded products supplied without further surface treatment. Precision profiles covered in this standard are distinguished from extruded profiles for general applications covered in BS EN 755-9 by the following characteristics:
• They are mainly for architectural applications
• They meet more stringent requirements regarding the surface condition of visible surfaces
• The maximum diameter of the circumscribing circle CD is 350 mm
• They are made to closer tolerances on dimensions and form.
In the case of profiles which, due to the complexity of their design, are difficult to manufacture and specify, then special agreements between supplier and purchaser may need to be reached.
The effect of the thermal barrier material on the dimensional tolerances is covered by this document although the actual thermal barrier material itself is not (see BS EN 14024).
Contents of BS EN 12020-2 includes:
- Normative references
- Tolerances on dimensions
- Cross-sectional dimensions
- Tolerances on dimensions other than wall thickness
- Tolerances on wall thickness of solid and hollow profiles
- Squareness of cut ends
- Length offset for profiles with a thermal barrier
- Tolerances on form
- Plane parallelism
- Corner and fillet radii
BS EN 12020-2:2008 supersedes BS EN 12020-2:2001, which has been withdrawn.
To read about and order the other standards for aluminium, visit www.bsigroup.com/aluminium