Managing the Environment the 14001 Way
David Smith and Clive Green
This book is for organizations seeking user-friendly help in developing a cost-effective environmental management system (EMS) based on BS EN ISO 14001 and BS ISO 14004. It builds on the basic framework and principles of the standards by providing practical advice, examples and sources of further information.
It will be invaluable for those seeking to integrate EMS within an overall management system, such as one based on ISO 9001 (Quality) or BS 8800 (Health and Safety).
Using the approach successfully introduced in Managing Health and Safety the BS 8800 Way, this book provides information at a variety of levels - headline, in practice, and in detail - and three organizations from different sectors to illustrate how an EMS applies.
Contents of the guide to ISO 14001 include:
- Carrying out an initial environmental review
- Defining an environmental policy
- Identifying significant environmental aspects
- Implementing and operating
- Checking and correcting
- Using a BS EN ISO 9000 approach
- Integrating with BS 8800 and OHSAS 18001.