BS EN 10143:2006 applies to continuously zinc (Z), zinc-iron alloy (ZF), zinc-aluminium alloy (ZA), aluminium-zinc alloy (AZ) and aluminium-silicon alloy (AS) hot-dip coated flat products made of low carbon and high strength steels for cold forming and of structural steels with a minimum thickness of 0,20 mm and a maximum thickness of 6,50 mm, delivered as sheet, wide strip, slit wide strip or cut lengths obtained from slit wide strip or sheet.
This European standard has been updated to include the following significant changes:
- leaded flat products in accordance with EURONORM 153 are no longer referred to
- applicable product thickness exceeded to maximal 6,50 mm (with additional specification of 0,20mm minimum thickness)
- applicable width ranges exceeded from three to four
- thickness tolerances specified for four (instead of two) yield strength ranges
- reduced thickness tolerances for products with (Re or Rp0,2) < 360 MPa
- altered thickness tolerances for products with Rp0,2 ? 360 MPa
- flatness tolerances decreased.
It does not apply for:
- hot-rolled sheet and strip without coating (see EN 10051)
- uncoated or electrolytically coated cold rolled sheet and strip (see EN 10131).