BS EN 10131 is an indispensable guide to the purchase specifications and delivery conditions applicable to cold rolled uncoated and electrolytically zinc or zinc-nickel coated low carbon and high yield strength steel flat products for cold forming with a minimum thickness of 0.35 mm and, unless otherwise agreed at the time of ordering, less than or equal to 3 mm thick, delivered in sheet, wide strip, slit wide strip or cut lengths obtained from slit wide strip or sheet.
It lists all the commonly-used industry standard widths and thicknesses and gives standardized values for tolerances of these parameters and many others including length, yield strength, flatness, camber, and squareness.
Referring to this standard on the purchase order can make the specification and ordering of this type of steel quicker, easier and safer.
This standard does not apply to cold rolled strip (rolled width < 600 mm) or to flat cold rolled products for which there is a specific standard, in particular the following:
- Cold-rolled non-grain oriented magnetic steel sheet and strip
- Cold-rolled electrical non-alloy and steel sheet and strip delivered in the semi-processed state
- Blackplate in coils
- Tinplate and ECCS
- Cold-rolled uncoated non-alloy mild steel narrow strip for cold forming.
- Terms and definitions
- Condition of delivery
- Tolerances on thickness
- Tolerances on width
- Sheet and wide strip
- Slit wide strip of width less than 600 mm
- Tolerances on length
- Tolerances on flatness
- Steel grades with specified minimum yield strength Re < 260 MPa
- Steel grades with specified minimum yield strength 260 MPa ≤ Re < 340 MPa
- Steel grades with specified minimum yield strength Re ≥ 340 MPa
- Tolerances on out of squareness
- Tolerances on edge camber
- Superimposition of dimensions
BS EN 10131:2006 supersedes BS EN 10131:1991 which has been withdrawn.