DD CEN/TS 45545-7:2009 Railway applications. Fire protection on railway vehicles. Fire safety requirements for flammable liquid and flammable gas installations
DD CEN/TS 45545-7 is a Technical Specification which specifies requirements for flammable liquids and liquefied petroleum gas installations, e.g. for traction, auxiliary power units, heating or cooking. It cover the objectives defined in CEN/TS 45545-1.
DD CEN/TS 45545-7 does not apply to technical liquids themselves, e.g. hydraulic liquid, transformer oil, except where guidance is given as to dealing with spillages, leakage and spray generation.
The measures and requirements specified in DD CEN/TS 45545-7 aim to protect passengers and staff in railway vehicles by preventing a fire from occurring and spreading by leakage of flammable liquids or gases.
It is not within the scope of this DD CEN/TS 45545-7 to describe measures for flammable gases, other than liquefied petroleum gases or to describe measures that ensure the preservation of the vehicles in the event of a fire.
Contents of DD CEN/TS 45545-7:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- General system requirements
- Flammable liquids and gas tanks
- Tanks for flammable liquids
- Portable liquefied petroleum gas installation for catering purposes
- Pipe work and associated fittings
- Requirements for flammable liquids
- Flexible connections
- Gas distribution system requirements
- Ventilation devices for tanks for flammable liquids
- Combustion engines, heaters and auxiliary equipment
- Engines located in the inside of vehicles
- Heating equipment
- Exhaust devices Liquefied petroleum gas installations
- Operation instructions
- Evaluation of conformity
- Relationship between this Technical Specification and the Essential
- Requirements of EU Directive 96/48/EC, as amended by 2004/50/EC