DD CEN/TS 45545-4:2009 Railway applications. Fire protection on railway vehicles. Fire safety requirements for railway rolling stock design
DD CEN/TS 45545-4 is a technical specification which specifies fire safety requirements for railway vehicle design to cover the objectives defined in DD CEN/TS 45545-1.
The measures and requirements specified in DD CEN/TS 45545-4 aim to protect passengers and staff in railway vehicles in the event of a fire on board by minimizing the risk of a fire starting, delaying the fire development and controlling the spread of fire products through the vehicle, thus aiding evacuation.
It is not within the scope of DD CEN/TS 45545-4 to describe measures which ensure the preservation of the vehicles in the event of a fire.
DD CEN/TS 45545-4 is valid for railway vehicles defined in CEN/TS 45545-1.
Contents of DD CEN/TS 45545-4:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Minimizing the risk of a fire starting
- General preventative measures
- Protection against sparks
- Catering and cooking areas
- Prevention of fire caused by arson
- Delay of fire development
- Ash trays, litter bins and similar
- Monitors and televisions
- Delay of smoke and gas distribution
- Aiding evacuation
- Evacuation measures
- Functions of systems for running and evacuation
- Evaluation of conformity
- Relationship between this Technical Specification and the Essential Requirements of EU
- Directive 96/48/EC, as amended by 2004/50/EC