Product Information Page
Banner Promotion Locations ( BannerPromotionLocations ) :
Is Top Priority? ( TopPriority ) :
Search engine optimised title ( SEOtitle ) : BS EN 14876:2007
Search engine optimised keywords ( SEOkeywords ) : BS EN 14876:2007
Search engine optimised description ( SEOdescription ) : BS EN 14876:2007
Title ( Title ) : BS EN 14876:2007
Maximum Banner Promotions ( MaxBannerPromotions ) : 1
Image ( Image ) :
Link to the Preview Page ( PreviewLink ) :
Product Overview ( Overview ) :
BS EN 14876 is relevant to pressure drums used for carrying bulk industrial gasses (e.g. ammonia, sulphur dioxide and chlorine).
This standard is for use in the water treatment, food preservation, agricultural and chemical industries. The gasses carried in these pressure drums are used by many and varied industries.
Pressure drums can be transported and handled worldwide and it is essential that they retain their integrity and do not become damaged whilst in transit.
Experience of the inspection and testing of pressure drums which is specified in this European standard is an important factor when determining whether a pressure drum should be returned into service. The principal aim of a periodic inspection and testing procedure is that, at the completion of the test, the pressure drums may be reintroduced into service for a further period of time.
Experience of the inspection and testing of pressure drums which is specified in this European standard is an important factor when determining whether a pressure drum should be returned into service.
BS EN 14876 deals with welded steel transportable pressure drums intended for compressed and liquefied gases under pressure of water capacity from 150 litres up to 1 000 litres.
This European Standard specifies the requirements for periodic inspection and testing to verify the integrity of such pressure drums to be re-introduced into service for a further period of time. It also defines a procedure to qualify existing pressure drums for free movement between member states of the European Union
- Normative references
- Intervals between periodic inspection and test
- List of procedures for periodic inspection and test
- Identification of pressure drum and preparation for inspection and test
- Depressurization and de-valving procedures
- External visual inspection
- Internal visual inspection
- Supplementary tests
- Inspection of openings
- Pressure test
- Pressure drum repair
- Inspection of valves
- Final operations
- Rejection and rendering pressure drum unserviceable
- Pressure drums manufactured according to National Regulations
- Inspection periods
- Description, evaluation of defects and conditions for rejection of welded steel pressure drums at the time of visual inspection
- Procedure to be adopted when de-valving and when a valve is suspected to be obstructed
Promotional Text ( PromotionalText ) :
Discount Information ( DiscountInformation ) :
Material Id ( MaterialId ) : 000000000030161146