BS 8213-4:2016 Windows and doors. Code of practice for the survey and installation of windows and external doorsets
Make sure you meet the latest requirements for the surveying and installation of windows and doors.
What’s BS 8213-4:2016?
BS 8213-4 gives recommendations for the surveying and installation of non-load-bearing windows and external doorsets of any material, to be installed vertically (within 15˚) into the external face of buildings.
BS 8213-4 will help the successful surveying and installation of windows and external doorsets in both new build and replacement situations.
BS 8213-4 is directed for installations in dwellings but its requirements might also be relevant to other similar types of installation. This part of BS 8213 doesn’t apply to load-bearing windows, load-bearing doorsets or roof windows. It doesn’t cover curtain or ribbon walling, although its guidance also applies to separate window and door elements within those particular types of assemblies.
What’s new on BS 8213-4:2016?
BS 8213-4:2007 was revised to:
- Meet new fixing products, methods of surveying and installation requirements
- Comply with new legislation and requirements
- Address the Building Regulations Part L
- Ensure health and safety requirements
Who should use BS 8213-4:2016?
BS 8213-4 should be used by:
- Installers of windows, rooflights, doorsets, door frames, window frames, cills, doors
- Surveyors and inspectors
- Building maintenance
- Windows and doors materials Trade Associations
- Surveying Associations
- Site Supervision Associations