PAS 8812:2016 Temporary works. Application of European Standards in design. Guide
The Eurocodes cover the design of permanent and temporary works. However, designers need to be careful when applying these standards to temporary works, due to the differences between these two types of works.
PAS 8812 helps the designer approach the temporary works.
What’s PAS 8812:2016?
PAS 8812 gives guidance on the application of European Standards to the design of temporary works in the UK.
PAS 8812 covers:
- Interpretation of key design approaches applicable to all temporary works including:
- Recommendations on suitable partial factors and combinations of actions
- Recommendations on appropriate analysis approaches
- Stability considerations
- Considerations on reuse of equipment
- Relationship between Eurocodes and other standards related to temporary works
- Clarification of design requirements for identified groups of temporary works
Why is PAS 8812:2016 important?
PAS 8812 aims to promote consistency in the design approach to temporary works and remove uncertainties for temporary works designers.
This PAS helps temporary works designers selecting the most appropriate standards to adopt, in relation to the transfer of key design data and information across all phases of the design cycle.
Who should use PAS 8812:2016?
PAS 8812 should be used by practitioners in the field of structural and geotechnical design of temporary works.