Since its publication in 2004, PAS 55 has been an international success story. It is increasingly recognized as a generically applicable definition of good practices in the optimized management of physical assets.
That’s why we’ve transformed it to become an international standard, which is available in three parts:
- BS ISO 55000 provides critical overview, concepts and terminology
- BS ISO 55001 specifies the requirements for an effective Asset Management System
- BS ISO 55002 offers interpretation and guidance for such a system to be implemented.
BS ISO 55002 provides guidance for the application of an asset management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 55001.
Be a step ahead of everyone else
The standard seeks to:
- Set asset management objectives and plans to achieve them;
- Determine the scope of your organizations asset management system;
- Address related risks and opportunities;
- Help understanding the needs and expectations of stakeholders;
- Achieve continual improvement through measurement, analysis and evaluation.
The document contains necessary explanatory text to clarify the requirements in BS ISO 55001 and offers examples to support its implementation.
A compilation of all three standards is also available.
Buy the compilation >
We’ve also published a free transition guide to help you transfer from PAS 55 to the new BS ISO 55000 series. This document has been specifically designed to ease the implementation of the latest international standards.
Download transition guide >
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Context of the organization
- Performance evaluation
- Annex A
- Annex B