Since its publication in 2004, PAS 55 has been an international success story. It is increasingly recognized as a generically applicable definition of good practices in the optimized management of physical assets.
That’s why we’ve transformed it to become an international standard, which is available in three parts:
- BS ISO 55000 provides critical overview, concepts and terminology
- BS ISO 55001 specifies the requirements for an effective Asset Management System
- BS ISO 55002 offers interpretation and guidance for such a system to be implemented.
BS ISO 55000 introduces the critical concepts and terminology needed to develop a long-term plan that incorporates an organization’s mission, values, objectives, business policies and stakeholder requirements.
Be a step ahead of everyone else
The standard seeks to:
- Facilitate the implementation of key principles with clear direction and leadership;
- Achieve staff awareness, commitment and cross-functional coordination;
- Obtain adequate information and knowledge of asset condition, performance, risks and costs and the interrelationships between these.
The requirements within the document can be used to prepare your organization for third party audits and certification against BS ISO 55000.
A compilation of all three standards is also available.
Buy the compilation >
We’ve also published a free transition guide to help you transfer from PAS 55 to the new BS ISO 55000 series. This document has been specifically designed to ease the implementation of the latest international standards.
Download transition guide >
- Asset management
- Terms and definitions
- Annex A (informative) Information on asset management activities
- Annex B (informative) Relationship between key elements of an asset management system