To download your free copy of PAS 7000 please visit: www.bsigroup.com/en-GB/PAS7000/
As supply chains are becoming more complex, organizations are becoming increasingly vulnerable to hazards which may include supplier performance, environmental impact and cargo disruptions. This may result in a loss of brand reputation and risk of financial loss.
Our new standard PAS 7000 on Supply Chain Risk Management - Supplier prequalification has been developed in response to clients around the world requesting a universal standard that would combine supplier profiles, capabilities and performance in order to make informed decisions about whether or not to engage with a potential supply chain partner.
It helps address these issues and specifies a universal package of supplier information to be shared with supply chain partners. This covers, key supplier information, capabilities and performance which will help buyers trace back and secure their supply chains, mitigate risk and brand reputation and for suppliers to promote their products.
How can PAS 7000 help?
- It is structured and presented to be equally accessible for both suppliers and buyer
- It is based on international consensus developed by procurement and supply chain professionals drawn from UK, US and APAC
- Includes a wide range of potentially relevant topic modules such as capacity & capabilities, environmental management, employment policies, business continuity, traceability and data protection to name a few
- The modular approach to the information required permits the building of respective modules into a customized matrix supported by a common set of application principles or rules
- Provides a degree of flexibility for tailoring the information to particular organizational needs whilst at the same time retaining a robust, repeatable approach
- Helps mitigate risks and reputational damage
And when armed with a standard information set, buyers won’t have to spend so much effort validating suppliers individually - saving time and money.
Is PAS 7000 suitable for me?
PAS 7000 is intended to establish a supply chain information model that will be of relevance to procurement, compliance, legal and supply chain professionals in organizations of all sizes anywhere in the world. It will help buyers to procure with full transparency, and suppliers to promote their capacity & capabilities – all in an efficient and cost effective way.