Digital accessibility is often misunderstood. Many organisations already code their websites to work with screenreaders, but that is just a start. Professor Jonathan Hassell, lead author of the BS 8878 standard on web accessibility, explains all in his new book Including your missing 20% by Embedding Web and Mobile Accessibility.
As well as being a guide to implementing BS 8878, this book uses real world examples and case studies to show you how to transform your organisation, and consistently create accessible web products in a cost-effective way.
Including your missing 20%... will help you:
• Appreciate the business case for web accessibility
• Understand the customers you could attract with more accessible web products
• Learn how to attract them with creative solutions
• Ensure that your site, app, widget or intranet can be used by as many people as possible
• Embed accessibility into organisational structure, policy and product creation
• Balance costs of inclusion against benefits
This book is recommended reading for anyone involved in web products. That means web production teams, editors, authors and marketing managers; CEOs, managing directors, ICT managers; head teachers and other educators, and anyone responsible for promoting equality and inclusion.
The PDF is formatted to be fully accessible.
You may also be interested in:
BS 8878 Web accessibility. Code of practice