PD 5500:2009 + Amendment3:2011 Specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels
What is it?
PD 5500: 2009 is the latest specification for unfired fusion welded pressure vessels. The specification will be updated every three years.
How does it work?
The PD 5500:2009 specification refers to pressure vessels connected to piping by bolts, screws or welding, as well as supports, brackets and other direct attachments. It applies to vessels that are subject to electrical heating or heated process streams, but not vessels exposed to direct heat or flame. The specification can be used with equipment and systems designed or manufactured to BS 5500 or PD 5500. And the 2009 specification is also relevant to pressure vessels in use outside of the EU as well as those designed and manufactured under the Pressure Equipment Directive
PD 5500:2009 outlines the latest amendments to the specification up to and including those published in August 2009. It also includes details of enquiry cases and will be updated every three years. Your PD 5500 subscription includes free updates on further amendments.
Table of contents
- Section 1:
- Information and requirements to be agreed and to be documented
- Section 2: Materials
- Section 3: Design
- Section 4: Manufacture and workmanship
- Section 5: Inspection and testing
- Aluminium supplement
- Copper supplement
- Nickel supplement
- List of references
- Enquiry cases.
This is the start of new three-year cycle including updates and new enquiry cases. The three-year subscription to PD 5500 includes free regular updates as amendments are made to the specification.
- Start of new 3 year cycle
- Specifies requirements for design, manufacture, inspection, testing and verification
- Can provide a basis for vessel design and manufacture for PED compliance
- Contains all amendments, annexes and enquiry cases made during last three years
- Supersedes PD 5500:2006 which is now withdrawn.
We are global, we’re independent and we’re trusted service provider to 80,000 businesses. We operate in 147 countries and are the number one certification body in the UK and US. We created 85% of our portfolio because we know standards and we know your business. We’re leaders and we can make you one too.