BS EN 12312-20:2005+A1:2009 Aircraft ground support equipment. Specific requirements. Electrical ground power units
BS EN 12312-20 specifies the technical requirements to minimise the hazards which can arise during the commissioning, operation and maintenance of ground power equipment. It also takes into account some performance requirements recognised as essential by authorities, aircraft and ground support equipment (GSE) manufacturers as well as airlines and service companies.
BS EN 12312-20 applies to:
- Ground power units either self-propelled or towable
- Ground power equipment when mounted on other GSE;Ground power accessories intended for ground power equipment (including accessories for fixed equipment)
BS EN 12312-20 does not apply to:
- The electrical characteristics of the supply, the type of power supply system and related measures against contact
- Any electrical supply system not intended for aircraft use
- The on-board electrical system of the aircraft.
BS EN 12312-20 does not establish requirements for noise and vibration. Noise and vibration are dealt with respectively in EN 1915-4 and EN 1915-3. BS EN 12312-20 also does not deal with hazards in respect to a standard automotive chassis and from other vehicles on the apron.
BS EN 12312-20 is not applicable to ground power equipment which is manufactured before the date of publication of this European Standard by CEN.
BS EN 12312-20 is intended to be used in conjunction with BS EN 1915-1, BS EN 1915-2, BS EN 1915-3 (for vehicles) and BS EN 1915-4.
Contents of BS EN 12312-20:
2 Normative references
3 Terms and definitions
4 List of hazards
5 Safety requirements and/or measures
6 Information for use
7 Verification of requirements
Annex A (informative) Examples of ground power equipment
Annex B (normative) List of hazards in addition to those of EN 1915-1
Annex ZA (informative) Relationship between this European Standard and the Essential Requirements of EU Directive 98/37/EC, amended by Directive 98/79/EC
Annex ZB (informative) !Relationship between this European Standard and the Essential Requirements of EU Directive 2006/42/EC