ISO 22000 Food safety. Guidance and Workbook for the Retail Industry
David Smith, Tracey Jackson-Smith and Rob Politowski
This workbook has been developed to provide support to retail organizations in the implementation of an ISO 22000 food safety management system. It is intended to be used by those charged with the implementation and running of the system in the retail sector and will be found particularly helpful by members of the food safety team as well as departmental managers.
For those requiring a greater depth of knowledge and understanding the workbook should be used in conjunction with ISO 22000 and/or the handbook Managing Food Safety the 22000 Way.
The workbook is designed to be practical and easy-to-use, containing self-assessment checklists, handy tables and pro formas along with useful extracts from the ISO 22000:2005 standard and a glossary of terms used. It also contains useful information on legal and regulatory issues and best practice.
Contents oif the Workbook for ISO 22000 include:
- Implementing ISO 22000:2005
- Requirements and how to meet them
- How we establish the system - the basics
- How do we do it? In detail
- Clause 7 of ISO 22000:2005 - planning and realization of safe products
- Operating the system
- Self-assessment of your organization’s system for food safety
- How to use the self-assessment questionnaire
- Self-assessment questionnaire
- Assessment of performance
- Overall performance
Section 3 Useful forms and pro formas
- Example monitoring forms
- Index of workbook against clauses in ISO 22000:2005
- Validation and verification checklists
- ISO 22000:2005 extracts
- ISO 22000:2005 extracts, including terms and definitions
- Other sources of information
- Good practice
- Legislation and regulation
- Background information
The wokrkbook fomrat is in A4 looseleaf contained in a binder
Another title of interest for food safety:
Managing Food Safety CD-ROM
Managing Food Safety is a CD-ROM containing BS EN ISO 22000 and four other documents that provide guidance on implementing and maintaining an effective food safety management system.