BS EN ISO 9004:2009 A quality management approach to sustainable success of an organisation
What is it?
BS EN ISO 9004 provides guidance on achieving sustainable success through quality management. The European standard can be applied to all organisations across all sectors. It outlines the importance of self-assessment to identify areas of strength within your business and areas where improvements can be made. With BS EN ISO 9004 you can identify opportunities for improvement, innovation and quality management across leadership, strategy, resources, processes and management systems. BS EN ISO 9004 does not provide certification or regulatory requirements, but it will help you achieve and maintain business objectives long term.
How does it work?
BS EN ISO 9004 builds on ISO 9001 to widen the scope of your quality management and give you greater confidence in how you assess, maintain and improve it. The two standards can be used independently, together or alongside other management system standards. BS EN ISO 9004 outlines a systematic approach to continual improvement of your organisation’s overall performance. This includes best practice advice on quality strategy and policy, as well as managing resources and processes. The standard will guide you in monitoring and reviewing quality management and draw links with the ISO 9001 Quality Management System standard.
Who should buy it?
- Organisations that want to implement ISO 9001
- Organisations that want to maintain ISO 9001
- Organisations that want to assess and improve quality management systems.
This is the third edition, BS EN ISO 9004:2009, and contains up-to-date information on achieving sustainable business success through quality management.
Contents of BS EN 9004:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Managing for the sustained success of an organization
- Strategy and policy
- Resource management
- Process management
- Monitoring, measurement, analysis and review
- Improvement, innovation and learning
- Annex A (informative) Self-assessment tool
- Annex B (informative) Quality management principles
- Annex C (informative) Correspondence between ISO 9004:2009 and ISO 9001:2008