BS EN 10111:2008 Continuously hot rolled low carbon steel sheet and strip for cold forming. Technical delivery conditions
BS EN 10111 is the European standard that specifies the grades of continuously hot rolled low carbon steel sheet and strip (in coils) for cold forming.
Depending on its actual width, strip is classified as:
- Hot rolled wide strip if its width is greater than or equal to 600 mm
- Hot rolled slit wide strip if its width is less than 600 mm.
For each grade, it specifies the chemical composition and the mechanical properties.
BS EN 10111 is applicable to products of thickness not less than 1,0 mm and not exceeding 11 mm.
BS EN 10111 is not applicable to products covered by other standards, such as:
- Hot rolled products of non-alloy structural steels for general use (see BS EN 10025 all parts
- Steel sheet for pressure purposes (see EN 10028 all parts)
- Steel sheet for welded gas cylinders (see EN 10120)
- Quenched and tempered steels (see EN 10083-1 and EN 10083-2).
Contents of BS EN 10111:2008 include:
- Normative references
- Terms and definitions
- Classification and designation
- Steelmaking and manufacturing processes
- Chemical composition
- Delivery conditions
- Mechanical properties
- Surface characteristics
- Suitability for surface coating
- Tolerances on dimensions and shape
- Inspection units
- Number of tests
- Test methods
- Inspection document
- Storage and transportation
- Information to be provided by the purchaser at the time of enquiry and order
- Mandatory information
BS EN 10111:2008 replaces BS EN 10111:1998 which has been withdrawn.