BS EN 15038:2006 is the first European standard to set out the requirements for the provision of quality services by translation service providers (TSPs). It charts the best practice processes involved in providing a translation service through commissioning, translation, review, project management and quality control, to delivery.
The purpose of this European standard is to establish and define the requirements for the provision of quality services by translation service providers.
BS EN 15038:2006 encompasses the core translation process and all other related aspects involved in providing the service, including quality assurance and traceability.
This standard offers both translation service providers and their clients a description and definition of the entire service. At the same time, it is designed to provide translation service providers with a set of procedures and requirements to meet market needs.
Conformity assessment and certification based on this standard are envisaged.
BS EN 15038:2006 specifies the requirements for the translation service provider with regard to human and technical resources, quality and project management, the contractual framework, and service procedures.
This standard does not apply to interpreting services.
- Terms and Definitions
- Basic requirements
- Human resources
- Human resources management
- Professional competences of translators
- Professional competences of revisers
- Professional competences of reviewers
- Continuing professional development
- Technical resources
- Quality management system
- Project management
- Client-TSP relationship
- Enquiry and feasibility
- Client-TSP agreement
- Handling of project-related client information
- Project conclusion
- Procedures in translation services
- Managing translation projects
- Administrative aspects
- Technical aspects
- Linguistic aspects
- Translation process
- Final verification
- Added value services
- Annex A (informative) Project registration details
- Annex B (informative) Technical pre-translation processing
- Annex C (informative) Source text analysis
- Annex D (informative) Style guide
- Annex E (informative) Non-exhaustive list of added value services
A new Guide to the Standard is also available - The Translation Service Provider’s Guide to BS EN 15038