Originally called the American Society for Testing and Materials, ASTM publishes a wide range of standards, focused on materials, but also covering products, systems and services.
If you are doing business in the USA, ASTM standards can make compliance easier. ASTM standards have been adopted, by incorporation or by reference, in many federal, state, and municipal government regulations.
You can now find and purchase over 12,000 ASTM standards through the BSI Shop.
To find them, you can search on the standard number, i.e. "ASTM A36", or include ASTM in your subject search i.e. "Carbon steel ASTM".
ASTM standards are available in hard copy and for PDF download.
ASTM standards cover:
- Iron and Steel Products
- Nonferrous Metal Products
- Metals Test Methods and Analytical Procedures
- Petroleum Products, Lubricants, and Fossil Fuels
- Paints, Related Coatings, and Aromatics
- Electrical Insulation and Electronics
- Water and Environmental Technology
- Nuclear, Solar, and Geothermal Energy
- Medical Devices and Services
- General Methods and Instrumentation
- General Products, Chemical Specialties, and End Use Products
Search the BSI Shop for ASTM standards.