Our Eurocodes Masterclasses are designed to give you and your business the tools needed to make the change from the existing British Standards to Eurocodes. Our expert panel of tutors will be able to answer technical questions and real life case studies will demonstrate practical solutions in overcoming challenges that you might experience in your business.
By attending the masterclasses, you'll be able to join in on the discussions with our experts and other attendees to share ideas and identify key issues for successful implementation.
To help get the targeted information you need, you will have the choice to attend one, two or three days of classes, each specific to the Eurocodes relevant to your business.
All attendees are strongly advised to attend Basis of Structural Design and Eurocode 1: Actions on structures.
Our Eurocodes Masterclasses will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Learn from leading experts about working with Eurocodes
- Understand the implementation cost and time implications to your business
- Highlight the challenges and opportunities of Eurocodes
- Work on practical examples to gain a good understanding of the Eurocodes parts most relevant to you
- Enhance your knowledge about compliance with the National Annexes
- Gain confidence in applying the Eurocodes design to your projects
Who should attend
All those in the public and private sector involved in the construction industry, including:
- Structural Engineers
- Civil Engineers
- Manufacturers/producers of construction products
Basis of Structural Design and Eurocode 1: Actions on structures
Discussion and working sessions will take place throughout the programme. There will also be opportunities for networking during the event.
This masterclass illustrates the importance of EN 1990 Eurocode: Basis of Structural Design and EN 1991: Actions on Structures as integral components of every structural design. It provides you with an opportunity to gain a detailed, working knowledge of the main requirements of these two codes and best practice for successfully integrating them into your organization.
The session includes:
- Introduction to Eurocodes
- Aims and objectives
- Essential requirements
- Structure and links between Eurocodes
- National Annexes (NAs) and Non-Contradictory Complementary Information (NCCIs)
- Costs and implementation timelines
Introduction to EN 1990: Basis of Structural Design
- Useful terms, definitions and symbols
- Design philosophy and limit states design: ultimate limit states (ULS) and serviceability limit
- Basic variables: actions and material properties
- Verification by the limit states design method
- Working examples
Introduction to EN 1991 – Eurocode 1: Actions on Structures
Structure of Eurocode 1
UK National Annexes for Eurocode 1
Part 1-1: General actions — Densities, self-weight, imposed loads for buildings and working examples
Part 1-2: General actions — Actions on structures exposed to fire
Part 1-3: General actions — Snow loads and working examples
Part 1-4: General actions — Wind loads and working examples
Eurocode 2: Design of Concrete Structures
This masterclass examines the comprehensive nature and complexity of the Eurocode 2 which replaced: BS 8110 for buildings, BS 5400 for bridges, BS 8007 for water-retaining structures and BS 6349 for maritime structures. It also examines the challenges which you face in implementing Eurocode as well as potential costs and economic benefits of this design for concrete structures.
The session includes:
- Introduction to Eurocode 2
- Including: relationships to other European Standards, key differences to current standards, the UK National Annex and materials
- Flexural design
- An overview of the principles with practical application of the design guidance.
- Axial resistance
- Explanation of guidance relating to the design of elements resisting axial loads.
- Shear design
- Explanation of the theory and design approaches for beams, slabs and punching shear
- Introduces the guidance for checking deflection and control cracking
- Looking forward
- Presents the challenges and opportunities, looks at the economic impact and reviews and the available resources.
Eurocode 3: Design of Steel Structures
This Masterclass presents all important issues surrounding the implementation of the Eurocode 3. It also identifies the main scenarios which structural engineers will have to consider in the foreseeable future, such as: structural behaviour, materials, structural components and joints. Real life case studies are used to enable attendees to grasp the practical implications of designs using Eurocode 3.
The session includes:
- Scope, timescales, terms, definitions and design assumptions
- In which ways Eurocode 3 differs from BS 5950?
- Analysis of structures
- Buckling and stability – background and examples
- Classification and practical examples for design of columns
- Classification and practical example for design of beams
- Design of connections
- Future developments, costs and sources of further information
To book your place, simply click on the 'Book now' button below.
You can choose to attend one, two or three days of the masterclasses, each day being specific to the Eurocodes relevant to your business.
1 day attendance
13 March 2017
- Member: £175.00
- Non-member: £350.00
2 day attendance
13-14 March 2017
- Member: £310.00
- Non-member: £620.00
3 day attendance
13-15 March 2017
- Member: £445.00
- Non-member: £890.00
If you experience any problems when making your booking, please call our Customer Services team on +44 345 086 9001
If you have any other queries, please email email@example.com.