British Standards (purchased from the online shop or from BSI Customer Services) - Terms and Conditions of use
Copyright in all British Standards whether electronic or other format is owned by BSI. BSI also holds the copyright, in the UK, of the publications of the international standardization bodies. Except as permitted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 no British Standard - either in whole or in part - may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means – electronic, photocopying, recording or otherwise – without prior written permission from BSI.
We incorporate both visible and invisible watermarks into British Standards and you agree that the following terms and conditions are applicable:
- A British Standard purchased in electronic format is licensed to a sole named user who is permitted to install a single electronic copy of it for use on a single computer.
- A sole licensed user of a British Standard purchased in electronic format may print off a single hard copy for their own, non-commercial purposes. Further reproduction of the single printed copy is not permitted.
- A British Standard purchased in hardcopy format may not be further reproduced - in any format - to create an additional copy.
- BSI are not aware of any inherent risk of viruses in the PDF files of BSI documents at the time that they are downloaded. BSI has exercised due diligence to ensure, so far as practicable, that such files do not contain such viruses. The PDF files supplied may contain embedded typefaces. In accordance with Adobe's licensing policy, these files may be printed or viewed but shall not be edited unless the typefaces which are embedded are licensed to and installed on the computer performing the editing. In downloading these files, parties accept the responsibility of not infringing Adobe’s licensing policy.
- The user accepts that the operation and use of these files is done so at the user’s risk. BSI does not accept and is not liable for any loss or damage which may be suffered from their operation or use. Adobe is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated.
- Multi User Sales: Users who wish to place a British Standard on an internal electronic network or intranet are invited to apply to the Subscriptions team at the following address: BSI Subscriptions, British Standards Institution, 389 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 4AL Email: mailto:email@example.com
Tel: + 44 (0)345 086 9001 (option 1)
- For permission to reproduce extracts and for further information on the licensing of BSI documents, please contact the Licensing Department at the following address: Licensing Department, British Standards Institution, 389 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 4AL, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel + 44 (0)20 8996 7070